Quince rescue robot's semi-autonomous control

Post links to your CoppeliaSim videos, scenes and models
Eric

Quince rescue robot's semi-autonomous control

Post by Eric »

Quince is a rescue robot in use in the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant.

This video presents a dynamic simulation of Quince climbing stairs in semi-autonomous mode.

In this operational mode, the operator to specifies with a joypad the robot’s heading and speed. The semi-autonomous control adjusts the flippers to adapt them to the environment topology, in order maximize the traction, based on Quince’s basic sensors (torque sensors, IMU unit, encoders, front PSD sensor).

The robot’s mobility in this mode allows crossing stair steps and obstacles. Moreover, the algorithm lowers the front flippers in order to absorb the shocks due to the body's tip over when reaching the top of the stairs. Also, when descending stairs, the controller raises the rear flippers when reaching the bottom of the stairs to enable a "soft landing" of the body.

The algorithm is described in:

E. Rohmer, et al., "Integration of a sub-crawlers' autonomous control in Quince highly mobile rescue robot", System Integration (SII), 2010 IEEE/SICE International Symposium on, 78-83

http://youtu.be/jz6wik6K8g8

Implementation in the real robot
http://youtu.be/D3u-Jpla1s8

arp

Re: Quince rescue robot's semi-autonomous control

Post by arp »

Hi,

Are the tracks dynamically simulated? Or is it similar to the the caterpillar model?

Will this robot be available in the next V-REP version?

Eric

Post by Eric »

Hi,

The tracks are simulated in the same manner as the caterpillar model. Also, there are no plan to include Quince in the library.

Cheers

Eric

ralara

Post by ralara »

Hi Eric, beforehand good job, I'm working for my graduation project similar to yours robot, the robot has a simple track and has an arm 3 glb remotely controlled, I would like to ask the favor of sharing schemeYou did in V-REP. I thank you, greetings from Colombia.