Building V-Rep 3.0.5c

Report crashes, strange behaviour, or apparent bugs
BenjaminV

Building V-Rep 3.0.5c

Post by BenjaminV »

Hi,

I tried to compile the last version of V-REP but it fails!

First I have issue with uint variables used in sourceCode/textures/stb_image.c which I have solved with some typedef

Then I have a second issue which is a bit more problematic :

Code: Select all

In file included from sourceCode/interfaces/v_rep.cpp:30:0:
sourceCode/interfaces/v_rep.h:34:33: fatal error: v_rep_funcUndefines.h : No such file or directory
Can you help me?

BTW : I'm on Ubuntu 12.04 with Qt5.1.1 and QScintilla2.8

Thanks

Ben

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Building V-Rep 3.0.5c

Post by coppelia »

Hello Ben,

you are right, the last release has a few problems. You can comment the line that includes v_rep_funcUndefines.h. Probably a few similar occurences.
That happens, because the source code went through a preprocessing stage, that stripped it from many things that are not needed. This should slowly be removed with time, until the source code will be put to a public repository.

Cheers

BenjaminV

Post by BenjaminV »

The thing is I tried that too but I had an other issue

‘_prepareCustomGuiEvent_noDirectEventProccessing’ was not declared in this scope
Surely, the software is compiling on your system... why not on me?

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

The version you have is slightly different from the master version, for various practical and historical reasons.
In your case, rename _prepareCustomGuiEvent_noDirectEventProccessing to _prepareCustomGuiEvent_noDirectEventProcessing. Then you should almost be there. We'll try to put an updated version of the source code online within 1-2 days.

Cheers

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Following files were updated:
compilation should be easier now.

Cheers

BenjaminV

Post by BenjaminV »

Thank you !

The compilation works fine but when I try to launch vrep I have the following error :

QMetaType::registerType: Binary compatibility break -- Size mismatch for type 'QPaintBufferCacheEntry' [1024]. Previously registered size 0, now registering size 16.
But I don't think it's vrep related : I have multiple installation of Qt on my computer (Qt4 Qt5.01 and Qt5.1.1) for compatibility reasons.

So for now I'm going to develop under V-Rep 3.0.4 which compiles and runs fine (I'm actually only working on the path planning plugin)

BenjaminV

Post by BenjaminV »

So I answer myself : the problem was that I had compiled Qscintilla with Qt4.

I recompiled it with Qt5.1.1 and everything is working now!