Problem with Set Inertial Matrix dialog

Report crashes, strange behaviour, or apparent bugs
ayberkozgur

Problem with Set Inertial Matrix dialog

Post by ayberkozgur »

I am using Kubuntu 12.04. When I open the Set Inertial Matrix dialog (as seen in the screenshot) and give focus to another window than V-Rep, not only the dialogs disappear (which is an annoying bug by itself) but when I return focus to V-Rep, the dialogs do not come back and the main window becomes unresponsive. This does not happen with other dialogs that I've worked with up to now, they come back when V-Rep gains focus again and they are closable, so the main window is usable. The only solution to this is killing V-Rep from the terminal and relaunching it.

http://s15.postimage.org/7pfjltthn/set_ ... matrix.png

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Problem with Set Inertial Matrix dialog

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

This is a known issue with Kubuntu. We currently support and test Windows, MacOS and Ubuntu platforms. It is virtually impossible to test and adjust all the various Linux distributions for us. If you have some experience, could you try to compile v_rep and see if you can solve the problem? We would then try to add the modifications to the next releases.

Cheers

ayberkozgur

Re: Problem with Set Inertial Matrix dialog

Post by ayberkozgur »

Well, I don't have any experience with KDE code, but I'll ask around for possible causes. Thanks anyway.