Hanging on stopping of simulation

Report crashes, strange behaviour, or apparent bugs
geerten

Hanging on stopping of simulation

Post by geerten »

Today I had several hanging of V-REP on stopping of the simulation (with different scenes).

The message "Simulation stopping.." appears, but after that V-REP hangs..It doesn't matter whether I was streaming to video or not (in the case of streaming, the video file was not closed).

It would be nice if there was logging, so I could send you logfiles with information..

By the way, I never experienced this with the previous version.

geerten

Re: Hanging on stopping of simulation

Post by geerten »

Ok, after another 5 times of hanging this becomes really annoying..Considering returning to previous version, although than I have to deal again with "Abort script execution" button stealing focus :S

geerten

Post by geerten »

I'm experiencing this now almost every 3 times of simulating...

V-REP is starting to become unusable! Can I roll back to a previous version? It's really frustrating.

geerten

Post by geerten »

Did you also change something for the dynamics of convex shapes? Because my simulation is less realistic than it used to be.

Before it was stable, and now I have jumpy/wobbly situations..

Please let me know if I can revert back to the old version, because this is not good!

Eric

Post by Eric »

Hello,

We will have to look into the hanging thing.
About the jumpy/wobbly situations... could you check that all shapes involved are still convex? In previous release there was a bug affecting slightly non-convex shappes, that would still appear as convex. Now it could be that some shapes appear as non-convex, and use the unstable algorithm. If this is the case, try to morph then into convex shapes.

Reverting to previous situation is ok, but try to use your old files in that case. If the new files are used, a warning message will appear. But it might still work fine. You have to try it out.

Regards

geerten

Post by geerten »

I have send an e-mail with the possibility to download my scene and two example videos.

The hanging did not occur yet today, so that is good, but I don't know what was the cause of it..

The shapes are convex, they were already morphed into convex shapes..