Visual Studio Compiling Error (For RT Middleware Component)

Report crashes, strange behaviour, or apparent bugs
DiarFS

Visual Studio Compiling Error (For RT Middleware Component)

Post by DiarFS »

Hi,

I want to make RT Middleware Component for controlling a robot in VRep Simulator. I made it using Visual Studio, but I have problem when compiling.
These are the error list :

Error 18 error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
Error 16 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl simxStart(char const *,int,unsigned char,unsigned char,int,int)" (?simxStart@@YAHPBDHEEHH@Z) referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall R_API::init_connection(void)" (?init_connection@R_API@@QAE_NXZ)
Error 17 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl simxStartSimulation(int,int)" (?simxStartSimulation@@YAHHH@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall R_API::start_simulation(void)" (?start_simulation@R_API@@QAEXXZ
)

What should I do to solve those problems ? thanks....

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Visual Studio Compiling Error (For RT Middleware Compone

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

I am not sure what exactly you are trying to achieve using also the remote API. But first, here you can find a first implementation of a RT Middleware interface for V-REP (courtesy of Yuki Suga).

Such an interface should normally sit very close to V-REP. But if you use the remote API, then you add another layer of communication, which means you add another layer of communication delay. Best would be to create a plugin for that interface.

Cheers

DiarFS

Re: Visual Studio Compiling Error (For RT Middleware Compone

Post by DiarFS »

I have read your reference, but all of them are in Japanese, so it`s little bit difficult to understand.
The function of remote API is to connect VREP Simulation data to RT Middleware Component.

Anyway, I have found the source of the problem, and I have already fixed it.

Thank you,