-q parameter quit when pause the simulation instead of 'stop simulation'

Report crashes, strange behaviour, or apparent bugs
CrazyHEEX

-q parameter quit when pause the simulation instead of 'stop simulation'

Post by CrazyHEEX »

Hello,
I'm working on use the vrep as genetic algorithm project, in ubuntu 16.04.3 environment, and there is one thing really annoyed me.

as documented:
-q: automatically quits V-REP after the first simulation run ended.

My first try is send the -q parameter when launch the vrep.sh, it kill itself after first pause(as I need to pause it and let the program decide what is the next move)
My second try is kill the process if i need it to end, but vrep still running with no success. To kill the process with subprocess in python will leave vrep keep running and I will ends up with hundreds vrep running in background all at same time
My third try is kill -15 $(pgrep vrep), but it will kill all my running simulation, and cause api error.
My fourth try is load all child processes each time if I need kill the vrep process, and kill them all. It finally works, while it will cause some random retcode error.

So, I'm wondering can you guys fix the -q parameter? to quit when the simulation finish(ended) instead of pause?

Thank you!

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: -q parameter quit when pause the simulation instead of 'stop simulation'

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

thanks for mentioning this. This should have been fixed for the last release (V3.5.0).

Cheers