Problem on vrep.py

Report crashes, strange behaviour, or apparent bugs
Filipe Rocha

Problem on vrep.py

Post by Filipe Rocha »

Hello everyone.

I am programming an python code to interface with a V-REP scene.
Specs: VREP 3.5.0 (rev 6) on Ubuntu 16.04. Programming on Pycharm CE with Python 3.5 interpreter.

When invoking vrep.py withing my custom code, I get the following error:

Code: Select all

BibVrepMethods invoked successfully
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/filipe/Documents/gitSources/arcaboucoTrabalhosAutonomosCOPPE/filtersPyCharm/src/CustomLibraries/BibVrepMethods/BibVrepMethods.py", line 29, in <module>
    test = BibVrepMethods()
  File "/home/filipe/Documents/gitSources/arcaboucoTrabalhosAutonomosCOPPE/filtersPyCharm/src/CustomLibraries/BibVrepMethods/BibVrepMethods.py", line 21, in __init__
    import vrep
  File "/home/filipe/Documents/gitSources/arcaboucoTrabalhosAutonomosCOPPE/filtersPyCharm/src/CustomLibraries/BibVrepMethods/vrep.py", line 67, in <module>
    c_GetObjectQuaternion       = ct.CFUNCTYPE(ct.c_int32,ct.c_int32, ct.c_int32, ct.c_int32, ct.POINTER(ct.c_float), ct.c_int32)(("simxGetObjectQuaternion", libsimx))
AttributeError: /home/filipe/Documents/gitSources/arcaboucoTrabalhosAutonomosCOPPE/filtersPyCharm/src/CustomLibraries/BibVrepMethods/remoteApi.so: undefined symbol: simxGetObjectQuaternion

Process finished with exit code 1
Simple commented this line 67, re-run the code and get:

Code: Select all

BibVrepMethods invoked successfully
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/filipe/Documents/gitSources/arcaboucoTrabalhosAutonomosCOPPE/filtersPyCharm/src/CustomLibraries/BibVrepMethods/BibVrepMethods.py", line 29, in <module>
    test = BibVrepMethods()
  File "/home/filipe/Documents/gitSources/arcaboucoTrabalhosAutonomosCOPPE/filtersPyCharm/src/CustomLibraries/BibVrepMethods/BibVrepMethods.py", line 21, in __init__
    import vrep
  File "/home/filipe/Documents/gitSources/arcaboucoTrabalhosAutonomosCOPPE/filtersPyCharm/src/CustomLibraries/BibVrepMethods/vrep.py", line 70, in <module>
    c_SetObjectQuaternion       = ct.CFUNCTYPE(ct.c_int32,ct.c_int32, ct.c_int32, ct.c_int32, ct.POINTER(ct.c_float), ct.c_int32)(("simxSetObjectQuaternion", libsimx))
AttributeError: /home/filipe/Documents/gitSources/arcaboucoTrabalhosAutonomosCOPPE/filtersPyCharm/src/CustomLibraries/BibVrepMethods/remoteApi.so: undefined symbol: simxSetObjectQuaternion

Process finished with exit code 1
Another time, simple commented line 70 and, finally, my custom code correctly imports vrep.py.

I ran simpleTest.py, with my modified version of vrep.py and it connects to my running V-REP instance.
Apparently, everything should work fine, except from the c_GetObjectQuaternion and c_SetObjectQuaternion methods.

In advance, thank you for the great job on the V-REP program.
Best regards.

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Problem on vrep.py

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

you must be running an old version of the remote API library (i.e. remoteApi.so). THe one that comes with V-REP V3.5.0 rev.6 works fine.

Cheers