VREP randomly cannot find remoteApiCommandServer.lua or any related .so libraries

Report crashes, strange behaviour, or apparent bugs
agsdyson

Re: VREP randomly cannot find remoteApiCommandServer.lua or any related .so libraries

Post by agsdyson »

It does not crash overnight but as I mentioned before this alternative connection method is unreliable and causes other problems for running parallel instances.

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: VREP randomly cannot find remoteApiCommandServer.lua or any related .so libraries

Post by coppelia »

Sorry, forgot that you already tried that option.

I have uploaded a new version of the legacy remote API plugin here. Can you try with that one? Make sure to set value of useAlternateSocketRoutines to false again in file remoteApiConnections.txt

Cheers

agsdyson

Post by agsdyson »

Thanks for the patch,

I've been running with new version of the legacy remote api plugin. It has failed to connect as before, but I want to perform more tests before I say for certain.

If I set useAlternateSocketRoutines to true, does that have exactly the same behaviour as the unupdated plugin?

Thanks

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

That's strange. Here it works with the new version of the plugin. The only thing that was changed is to correctly close sockets when disconnecting (thus not causing the memory leak).
Make sure that useAlternateSocketRoutines is false with the new plugin (otherwise it behaves as the old plugin, when useAlternateSocketRoutines is true).

Cheers

xixisphere

Post by xixisphere »

agsdyson wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 12:26 ...

The code does not break nicely with ctrl-c so use ./minimalExample/killAll.sh which will kill all open vrep and minimalExample.py processes.

I hope this is helpful.
Hi, may I ask what this killAll.sh is? I have the same problem here and don't know how to kill the instances. Thank you.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

this thread relates to the legacy remote API. We highly recommend that you instead use the ZeroMQ remote API, which is easier, and much more flexible to use, since it allows to use all the same API functions as from within CoppeliaSim.

Cheers

agsdyson

Post by agsdyson »

I don't use vrep any more but I dug out the old script.

Code: Select all

#bash
#!/usr/bin/env bash
pkill -9 vrep &
kill $(pgrep -f minimalExample.py)
you will need to update it to match your code.