Missing dependencies for ROS?

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
jorge

Missing dependencies for ROS?

Post by jorge »

Hello,

i'm trying to build the ros plugin (vrep_common, vrep_plugin) in ROS Groovy and Catkin (which apparently is not setup out-of-the-box using the current file structure and xmls in the programming/ros_stacks folder). Anyway, i've managed to modify the build but there seems to be dependencies problems. catkin_make produces:

Code: Select all

Base path: /home/muster/catkin_ws
Source space: /home/muster/catkin_ws/src
Build space: /home/muster/catkin_ws/build
Devel space: /home/muster/catkin_ws/devel
Install space: /home/muster/catkin_ws/install
####
#### Running command: "make cmake_check_build_system" in "/home/muster/catkin_ws/build"
####
####
#### Running command: "make -j2 -l2" in "/home/muster/catkin_ws/build"
####
[ 25%] [ 50%] Building CXX object vrep_plugin/CMakeFiles/v_repExtRos.dir/src/ROS_server.cpp.o
Building CXX object vrep_plugin/CMakeFiles/v_repExtRos.dir/src/vrep_plugin.cpp.o
In file included from /home/muster/catkin_ws/src/vrep_plugin/src/vrep_plugin.cpp:31:0:
/home/muster/catkin_ws/src/vrep_plugin/include/vrep_plugin/ROS_server.h:55:47: fatal error: vrep_common/VisionSensorDepthBuff.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
In file included from /home/muster/catkin_ws/src/vrep_plugin/src/ROS_server.cpp:29:0:
/home/muster/catkin_ws/src/vrep_plugin/include/vrep_plugin/ROS_server.h:55:47: fatal error: vrep_common/VisionSensorDepthBuff.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [vrep_plugin/CMakeFiles/v_repExtRos.dir/src/ROS_server.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[2]: *** [vrep_plugin/CMakeFiles/v_repExtRos.dir/src/vrep_plugin.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [vrep_plugin/CMakeFiles/v_repExtRos.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
Invoking "make" failed
In the server.cpp and plugin.cpp there are many includes for the vrep_common folder, eg.

Code: Select all

#include "vrep_common/VisionSensorDepthBuff.h"
#include "vrep_common/ForceSensorData.h"
#include "vrep_common/ProximitySensorData.h"
#include "vrep_common/VisionSensorData.h"
#include "vrep_common/VrepInfo.h"
#include "vrep_common/ObjectGroupData.h"

// API services:
#include "vrep_common/simRosAddStatusbarMessage.h"
#include "vrep_common/simRosAuxiliaryConsoleClose.h"
which don't seem to be there. Is there a problem or am i doing something wrong? I'm on Ubuntu 12.04, ROS Groove, V-Rep 3.0.5b (and c). Also, i'm trying to produce msgs/LaserScan, for the Hokuyo model, which would be nice to include by default.

jorge

Re: Missing dependencies for ROS?

Post by jorge »

I've turned to rosbuild and it compiles. Thus it is a catking problem. Since catkin is the default make system for ROS (as of groovy), are ther any instuctions to catkinize the v-rep stacks? Or maybe, include it in the next v-rep reliease (together with the Laserscan msg! for pete's sake...)

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

yes, this is on our todo list (move to ROS Hydro and add a laserscan message), but not yet sure it will make it to next release... any help is always welcome and we'll be more than happy to integrate modifications/recommendations from others ;)

Cheers

jorge

Post by jorge »

Hi Coppelia,

i've managed to create the Laserscan msg from the ROS api (it publishes correct data, and I can visualize it in rviz). The Hokuyo model also need a minor modding. If you want me to publish (or send you) the mods, please post it (or send me an email).

Best
George

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Hi George,

that's great, thanks. Yes, please send us your modifications, we'll try to include them for next release.

Cheers