V-rep on Mac and on Linux. Differences.

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
mateo

V-rep on Mac and on Linux. Differences.

Post by mateo »

Hi,
are there any differences between the version of V-rep for Mac and the one for Linux?
For example if i want to use a .ttt file describing a scene built in the Linux version, can I then use the same file in the Mac one?
Thanks

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: V-rep on Mac and on Linux. Differences.

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

you can load and run V-REP scenes, models or custom user interface files on all 3 major platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux) without modifications, given that:
  • the scene doesn't rely an any specific plugin. This is the case for most demo scenes. Otherwise, you will need the equivalent of that plugin on the other platforms.
  • the scene doesn't rely on any specific add-on. This is the case for all demo scenes. Otherwise you will need to copy the add-on onto the other platforms.
  • the scene doesn't rely on any specific external executable (e.g. remote API client, or ROS node application). This is the case for most demo scenes. Otherwise, you will need the equivalent of those executables on the other platforms.
  • the scene doesn't rely on any specific Lua extension library. This is the case for all demo scenes. Otherwise, you will have to install that extension library on the other platforms.
Cheers