algorithms for motion planning lib

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
ljklonepiece

algorithms for motion planning lib

Post by ljklonepiece »

Dear Developers,

I want to know exactly what algorithms you are using for motion planning or where I can find information about that?
Thanks a lot!

JK

qizzle

Re: algorithms for motion planning lib

Post by qizzle »

probably here http://www.v-rep.eu/helpFiles/en/pathPlanningModule.htm and click on the recommended topics on the bottom for more detailed info

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

In V-REP you can do path/motion planning for:
Both planers are based on RRT, or Rapidly exploring Random Trees. In case of the motion planning planer, there is also a stage that calculates several thousand (or millions) of configurations (as a preprocessing stage). This is then used to quickly identify robot configurations that correspond to a given end-effector pose. This, together with RRTs and the inverse kinematics calculation module make up the motion planner.

Cheers

ljklonepiece

Post by ljklonepiece »

qizzle wrote:probably here http://www.v-rep.eu/helpFiles/en/pathPlanningModule.htm and click on the recommended topics on the bottom for more detailed info
Thanks a lot, my friend!

ljklonepiece

Post by ljklonepiece »

coppelia wrote:Hello,

In V-REP you can do path/motion planning for:
Both planers are based on RRT, or Rapidly exploring Random Trees. In case of the motion planning planer, there is also a stage that calculates several thousand (or millions) of configurations (as a preprocessing stage). This is then used to quickly identify robot configurations that correspond to a given end-effector pose. This, together with RRTs and the inverse kinematics calculation module make up the motion planner.

Cheers
Thanks a lot for your fast and well-informed response!