How to make motion planning work?

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
ljklonepiece

How to make motion planning work?

Post by ljklonepiece »

Dear Developers,

I am trying to execute motion planning on robot arms but cannot get it work.
This https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3-BbM ... sp=sharing links to the image, which shows the setting i have and the problem i faced, namely, when i compute phase 1 nodes, it warns "Nodes could not be computed: the motion planning parameters are ill-defined."
Not sure how to get it right since litter documentation is provided for motion planning task

Thanks a lot!

Yours sincerely,
Juekun

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: How to make motion planning work?

Post by coppelia »

Hello Juekun,

your motion planning task is defined with 9 joints. You shouldn't include the gripper joints, since that is not part of the motion planning task (or the associated IK group). Just specify the first 7 joints.
At first also, do not perform any collision detection. Try to have it run first in a simply way.
Also, make sure that the Ik group you specify is tagged as explicit handling.

If that doesn't work, send us your scene.

Cheers

ljklonepiece

Post by ljklonepiece »

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your reply!
I have made the changes you suggested but it doesnot work so i attach the scene file as the link below

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3-BbM ... sp=sharing

it is actually the same with the file forwardAndInverseKinematics2.ttt, on which i want to add motion planning modules but don know how.

Thanks a lot
Yours sincerely,
Juekun

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

If I load your scene and click Compute phase 1 nodes, it works. You can verify it by checking Visualize phase 1 nodes (the phase 1 points are hardly visible on the grey floor, you might have to rotate your scene a bit to see them)

Cheers

ljklonepiece

Post by ljklonepiece »

Hi Marc,

Thanks a lot! Problem solved!
It seems that early version of VREP doesnot work so i switch to the latest version.
By the way, could you add on more details on the motion planning documentation in the manual since it is really an important part of my work!

Thanks a lot
Yours sincerely,
Juekun