inverse kinematic

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
juerg

inverse kinematic

Post by juerg »

Hi
Really great stuff - however - I have an element that is connected to a rotational link on one side and to a spherical link on the other side. I have created the element in 3 parts and connected part 1 to the rotational link and grouped them together. But now I can't really figure out how to attach the other end to the spherical join? Attaching the ungrouped part will break the element, attaching the element to the spherical link breaks the rotational link.
Thanks for any hint
Juerg

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: inverse kinematic

Post by coppelia »

Hello Juerg,

are you referring to the dynamics functionality, rather to the kinematics functionality? What do you mean with the spherical link breaks the rotational link?

Basically, you should always see your kinematic or dynamic construction as a tree-like structure: each object can have or parent, and as many children as needed. So in your case, you have:

revolute joint --> link --> spherical joint

(where --> means is parent of)

If you are referring to the dynamics functionality, it is normal that when dynamic shapes are not grouped, they will be independent, and not stay together. You can constrain them to stay together via grouping, or via a rigid joint such as the force/torque sensor. Make sure to carefully read this page.

Cheers

juerg

Post by juerg »

hi coppelia

thanks for your answer. I have learned that grouping is important and have put my parts into groups. I had also read through the pages you pointed me to - however I still can't figure out how to connect things for a working simulation.

I am trying to insert an image into this message but do not know how to accomplish this in this Forum ...

I have a basic point with a spherical link with a grouped element 1. Over 2 rotational links this element 1 should be connected with a static element 2. I can't figure out how to connect the second rotational element to another spherical link located on element 2.

Maybe if I could send you a picture of my elements it would be easier to follow.

Juerg

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Juerg,

try to post your V-REP scene file via dropbox or via google drive.

Cheers