Sublocus DVL simulation

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
Hughnathan123

Sublocus DVL simulation

Post by Hughnathan123 »

Hi,
Autonomous underwater vehicle works under the help of the error models of INS (inertia navigation system)/DVL (Doppler velocimeter log) integrated navigation system. I find the gyroscope and accelerometer model here. I can use them to form IMU ,maybe I can use them to simulate INS function. Then how should I build model for DVL ?Thank you.

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Sublocus DVL simulation

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

that's a very specific question.. ;) How does the DVL operate exactly?

Cheers

Hughnathan123

Post by Hughnathan123 »

Hi,
DVL gets the the velocity of vehicle based on the the Doppler shift effect,it is usually classified Acoustic Doppler velocimetry and Laser Doppler velocimetry (LDV). The dopper shift effect was simulated here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgw01i0pQFw I wonder to know how to build DVL model in V-REP. Thank you.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

as far as I understand the problem, I would base the calculation of the DVL on a simple distance calculation, and artificially generate a doppler signal based on the distance variation change.

Cheers

ftrujillo

Post by ftrujillo »

Hello,

You can use a proximity sensor and define the distance proportional to the frecuency assuming that:

Code: Select all

v=d/t   (1)
and 
v=lf      (2)

then
lf=d/t  (3)

if 
f= 1/t (4)
replacing (4) in (3)
l/t=d/t 

therefore
l=d

l => lamda
well, you must include that in the Doppler equation and perhaps consider the inverse.

I use that to simulate the bat sonar and works fine.

In V-Rep you cannot simulate audio sources or hear the sound of them or at least I dont know how.

Bye

Hughnathan123

Post by Hughnathan123 »

Hi,
Thank you for your post here , I will have a try about this.