Drawing a circle?

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
litant

Drawing a circle?

Post by litant »

Hello. I'm starting with v-Rep and would like to know if there is a very basic introductory tutorial that talks about how to associate a movement to a robot.

A useful example for me would be how to make/draw in air a circle with the effector of an industrial robot?

Is it possible?

Thank you so much!

Best regards.

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Drawing a circle?

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

you have several ways of doing this. First you need to have that circle trajectory. You could:
  • use a revolute joint and attach a dummy to it, then make that revolute joint turn (e.g. from within a child script for instance).
  • use a circular path, or any other path
  • or simply compute the trajectory coordinates yourself
One you know where you want the end-effector of your robot to be at each simulation pass, you can use inverse kinematics, and assign the target dummy to various locations on the trajectory.

Make sure to check the IK tutorial.

Cheers

litant

Post by litant »

Thank you so much.

Then, computing the trajectory coordinates for myself, is it possible to simulate another movements? by example a sinusoidal (ie by using a formula or a table values​​)?

I'm reading the manual., but where should I start to simulate this example? (I do not know if it is a simple example).

Thank you again!

Best regards

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

absolutely, you can imagine just any trajectory. A good start would be to follow the IK tutorial, then control programmatically the end-effector target position/orientation (i.e. your circle trajectory).

Cheers

litant

Post by litant »

Thank you.

One question about IK Tutorial: I can not see this option, after select all imported shares:

Select all imported shapes and click [Menu bar --> Edit --> Bounding box alignment --> Align selected shapes' coordinate frame with world].

Where can I found it?

Best regards.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

The menus have changed slightly. Try with:

[Menu bar --> Edit --> Reorient bounding box --> with reference frame of world]

Cheers

litant

Post by litant »