Teleoperation using Kinect

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
Abhi12123

Teleoperation using Kinect

Post by Abhi12123 »

I have been trying to teleoperate a robot arm using kinect but i am stuck on the very first step. I can't get the kinect interface working. I have installed OpenNI and NITE both are working normally. but the kinectserver.exe application keeps throwing 0xc000007b error whenever i try to start a simulation that has an external kinect interface in it. Any help would be appriciated.

Eric

Re: Teleoperation using Kinect

Post by Eric »

Hi!

The problem might be the the installation of the newest version of Nite and openNI... There has been some changes in the API that makes the kinectsever application unusable... Either instal a prior version of the two software (if you find them) or modify kinectsever to be compatible with the new API.
I ll try to make kinectserver work but can not promis

Cheers

Eric

Abhi12123

Post by Abhi12123 »

I am using Windows 7 64 bit (Pro, in case it matters) can you recommend which versions i should go for in case of NITE and OpenNI? Also is there any other simulation software that can take care of this? I actually need to get this done and cant afford to be stuck on an application error.

Eric

Post by Eric »

Sorry for the long delay.

Please find here a package including the compiled (32b) version of kinectServer.exe usable with NITE2 and openNI2.
The package is to be unzipped and the CONTENT of kinectServer folder to be moved in the C:\Program Files (x86)\V-REP3\V-REP_PRO_EDU folder. It includes kinect2-test.ttt which is a test scene that when played is lauchning kinectServer.exe on the port 2000.

Prior to run the scene, please install the windows drivers for the kinect, as well as NITE2 and openNI2 version 32b. There are plenty of tutorials on youtube to be ble to do that.

Cheers,

Eric

zhenghao102

Post by zhenghao102 »

I have already install OpenNI drivers and follow the steps that shows in V-rep when we try to do something with Kinect, but I meet the following error:
Connecting to client...
Open failed: File not found!

Who can help me ? Thank you very much !!

zhenghao102

Post by zhenghao102 »

Eric wrote:Sorry for the long delay.

Please find here a package including the compiled (32b) version of kinectServer.exe usable with NITE2 and openNI2.
The package is to be unzipped and the CONTENT of kinectServer folder to be moved in the C:\Program Files (x86)\V-REP3\V-REP_PRO_EDU folder. It includes kinect2-test.ttt which is a test scene that when played is lauchning kinectServer.exe on the port 2000.

Prior to run the scene, please install the windows drivers for the kinect, as well as NITE2 and openNI2 version 32b. There are plenty of tutorials on youtube to be ble to do that.

Cheers,

Eric

I have already install OpenNI drivers and follow the steps that shows in V-rep when we try to do something with Kinect, but I meet the following error:
Connecting to client...
Open failed: File not found!

Who can help me ? Thank you very much !!

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Have a look if the server application is present in the V-REP installation directory (kinectServer.exe).

Cheers