Help needed haxapod robot

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Help needed haxapod robot

Post by coppelia » 25 Mar 2013, 16:44

Well, feel free to try other solutions then.
V-REP is meant for people who know how to program, and who have an idea about robotics. And as with every powerful tool, it requires time and patience until you can achieve something. We cannot give visual studio express lessons, nor do the projects for you. Unless you are willing to pay for it!
And we don't have any other skeleton project than the one you have.
And again: "I can't get work the plugin with visualstudio express". What does that mean exactly? Visual studio express is exploding? Not reading the project file? Displaying any message? Or making a compilation error?

Cheers

paul24

Post by paul24 » 26 Mar 2013, 09:41

hi, thx, i mean howto create plugin with vidualstudio? what kind of project parameter libs, etc.? is not clear for me. what simple robtics simulator recommend? maybe microsoft robotics simple to use? comes with tamplates? or other software u recommend? thanks against for ur help... very short time to complete project, need ur urgent help. thnaks!

paul24

Post by paul24 » 26 Mar 2013, 15:44

hi, ur urgent help deeply appraciated. thnx.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia » 26 Mar 2013, 15:50

Paul,

We do not use visual studio express. So we cannot help you there, but normally you can import older versions of visual studio with a button click. Now, it seems your problem is specifically linked to visual studio express, so try to ask your question on their forums.

If you want to control your hexapod via a child script, then we can give your direct hints.

Also, try to compile the project programming/bubbleRobClient. If you can do that, then you can also control your hexapod via the remote API, using visual studio express.

Cheers

paul24

Post by paul24 » 27 Mar 2013, 08:37

hi, what are u using if not visualstudio?
is possible to use child script with visualstudio? itried bubblerobclient but there is no visualstudio project, just c++ file, i created win32 app. when i open in visualstudio, i cannot compile. i get many errors:

1>------ Build started: Project: haxapod, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1> bubbleRobClient.cpp
1>c:\users\paul\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\haxapod\haxapod\bubblerobclient.cpp(19): warning C4627: '#include <stdio.h>': skipped when looking for precompiled header use
1> Add directive to 'StdAfx.h' or rebuild precompiled header
1>c:\users\paul\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\haxapod\haxapod\bubblerobclient.cpp(23): warning C4627: '#include "extApi.h"': skipped when looking for precompiled header use
1> Add directive to 'StdAfx.h' or rebuild precompiled header
1>c:\users\paul\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\haxapod\haxapod\bubblerobclient.cpp(78): fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header. Did you forget to add '#include "StdAfx.h"' to your source?
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

can u send me visualstudio project?
other question: is it possible program robot bahavior with c#?

thnx for ur help. deeply appreciate

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia » 27 Mar 2013, 10:04

The vs project file is included in the programming folder: bubbleRobClient.vcproj

The project doesn't use precompiled headers. You have to turn "use precompiled header" off for the cpp files. Also, follow the instructions for compiling a remote API client here

Cheers

paul24

Post by paul24 » 27 Mar 2013, 14:57

hi, oh yes, found it. sorry. but it doesn't work. i can compile with visialstudio but it doesn't run display error message like Indicate following arguments: 'portNumber leftMotorHandle rightMotorHandle senso
rHandle'!
please help !

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia » 27 Mar 2013, 15:25

Paul, the example that you compiled requires some arguments to run (i.e. V-REP will send the handles of some objects to the executable. V-REP will also launch the executable). Refer to the demo scene "controlTypeExamples". The purple robot launches the bubbleRobClient.exe:

Code: Select all

-- Get some handles first:
local leftMotor=simGetObjectHandle("remoteApiControlledBubbleRobLeftMotor") -- Handle of the left motor
local rightMotor=simGetObjectHandle("remoteApiControlledBubbleRobRightMotor") -- Handle of the right motor
local noseSensor=simGetObjectHandle("remoteApiControlledBubbleRobSensingNose") -- Handle of the proximity sensor

-- We first start the remote Api server service (this requires the v_repExtRemoteApi plugin):
simExtRemoteApiStart(portNb) -- this server function will automatically close again at simulation end

-- Now we start the client application:
result=simLaunchExecutable('bubbleRobClient',portNb.." "..leftMotor.." "..rightMotor.." "..noseSensor,0) -- set the last argument to 1 to see the console of the launched client
Cheers

paul24

Post by paul24 » 27 Mar 2013, 16:34

hi, i tried that, but dozen't work. i need to run haxapod robot, not purple robot. where to write the script you suggest? is there configuration file some where? please help me. i am strugglging with ur simulator. ur help is appreciate.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia » 27 Mar 2013, 16:39

Please, try a little bit harder! We cannot do the project for you!! Imagine we have to spend that much time with each user... and for free.
Inspect the child script attached to the purple robot: double-click the script-like icon in the scene hierarchy. Then you can see and edit the script.
You want to program an hexapod robot? You first need to learn the basics, and the bubbleRob tutorial would be a perfect start, but we already suggested that to you...

Cheers