libvrep

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
Fulin

libvrep

Post by Fulin »

Hi,

It seems interesting, at least for me, to have a light weight vrep library that can be integrated in Qt for only visualization and demonstration. Something like libVrep in the same way as libVTK?

V-REP Player is good, but need to install. Perhaps it is possible to turn V-REP Player to a library (QVrep) with a certain amount of build options, such as static build, function selection, Qt designer plugin and so on.?

/Fulin

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: libvrep

Post by coppelia »

Hello Fulin,

V-REP is actually a library (i.e. v_rep.dll), but it comes with everything inside of that library. V-REP's strength are the various algorithms and functionality, scripting, etc., but less the visualization.
What many people do is to use V-REP in headless mode (i.e. command-line, or windowless), and do the visualization in a different application.

Cheers

Fulin

Post by Fulin »

Hi,

For easy deployment and distribution, is it possible to build V-REP Player statically, for example, there is just one file "vrep_player.exe"? After copy-paste on Windows 7, then it works.

Or furthermore, to integrate V-REP Player as a library in my own application, for example in my Qt GUI application?

/Fulin

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Static binding to the Qt libraries would require a different Qt licensing scheme.

The best you could do would be to use the V-REP source code in your Qt application, or basically customize V-REP to your own needs.

Cheers