Path Planning with calculation modules

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
aiman

Path Planning with calculation modules

Post by aiman »

Good day, I know that v-rep uses rrt-connect to plan a path to its destination using the shortest path possible. From the picture in the URL, the codes for the path planning is adapted from the pathplanningdemo scene. May I know how do i navigate and stay in the middle of the obstacles(In black), instead of the default algorithm(in blue). Hope that you can help. Thank you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5r7ufxn1i1p84 ... t.jpg?dl=0

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Path Planning with calculation modules

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

the algorithm will not calculate the shortest path. It will calculate one path. You can calculate several paths, and then select the shortest. If you need more space to the obstacles, select a distance offset and use the distance calculation instead of the collision detection. This will however be slower.
Then, if you want to curve your path, you will have to add your own post-processing steps.

Cheers

aiman

Post by aiman »

Hi, thanks for the reply. I'm not sure how to do the post post processing step. Is there any examples? I actually just want the robot to stay in the middle of the obstacles when it is moving. Hope that you can help.
thank you.

Regards,
Aiman

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Post processing can be very complicated depending on the task. But in your situation, simply use a distance threashold large enough for the robot to path to stay approximately in the middle.

Cheers