Mico Inverse Kinematics & Collision Detection

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
ppo

Mico Inverse Kinematics & Collision Detection

Post by ppo »

Hi,

I'm trying to implement IK with the MICO model with obstacle avoidance enabled. I've run through the IK redundant robot tutorial and have the experiment working for the most part, however I've encountered 2 problems:

1) When I enable/disable alpha-beta and gamma constraints, the tip dummy orientation seems to be unaffected. I'd like for the MICO hand to have the same orientation as the target dummy, but I am unable to do this. What am I missing?

2) I have a measurable/collidable obstacle in the environment with the IK obstacle avoidance enabled. Entity 1 is my collection of collidable MICO links, and Entity 2 is all other measurable objects in the scene. However, when I move the target around in sim, the MICO still collides with the obstacle. I would expect the IK to try to keep the MICO from colliding with the obstacle. Maybe I don't understand the limitations of the IK obstacle avoidance. Preferably, I would want the MICO to not collide with any obstacle in the scene, even if the target dummy tells it to do so.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fg21vvtzc04a7 ... t.ttt?dl=0

Thanks,
Parker