Grasping an object

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
MarioSelvaggio

Grasping an object

Post by MarioSelvaggio »

Hi all,

I am experiencing some troubles trying to grasp a nut with kuka iiwa + Robotic85.
I turned on respondable and dynamic properties for all the involved objects in the scene.
The fact is when the gripper approach the nut it starts to fly around, maybe due to the first collision with the gripper.
I used "fake grasping" procedure as described in Robotic85 gripper child script.

Looking forward for your answer.
Mario

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Grasping an object

Post by coppelia »

Hello Mario,

when you do fake grasphing, your object to grasp doesn't need to be respondable, since you will attach it via a force/torque sensor to the gripper base.

What might happening in your case: some objects might be colliding. Make sure to inspect the scene dynamic content with the appropriate toolbar button: this only works during simulation.

Cheers

VivianaMoya

Re: Grasping an object

Post by VivianaMoya »

coppelia wrote: 20 Oct 2015, 08:48 Hello Mario,

when you do fake grasphing, your object to grasp doesn't need to be respondable, since you will attach it via a force/torque sensor to the gripper base.

What might happening in your case: some objects might be colliding. Make sure to inspect the scene dynamic content with the appropriate toolbar button: this only works during simulation.

Cheers
Hello,

I try this on a NAO Robot model Im working on but I can't manage to make it work. I put a force sensor in the hand of the NAO and when I run the simulation I have an error:

Lua runtime error: [string "CHILD SCRIPT JointRecorder"]:547: attempt to index global 'force9' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[string "CHILD SCRIPT JointRecorder"]:547: in function <[string "CHILD SCRIPT JointRecorder"]:404>

Does anyone has an example file of this it will help me a lot.

Thank You.