Mouse shortcut for Position/Orientation dialogue

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
Pouya

Mouse shortcut for Position/Orientation dialogue

Post by Pouya »

Hello,

I remember sometimes ago, mouse left-button drag was camera pan, right-button drag camera rotate and middle click was used to open object position/orientation dialogue. In the version that I have middle drag rotates the camera (very annoying, particularly with touchpad or a bad mouse) and hence no longer can be used for object movement.

My questions are:
1. Is there any way to revert back to previous shortcuts? If no:
2. What is the new shortcut (mouse or keyboard) for object position/orientation?
3. Related to question 1, in general, is there any way to personalize shortcuts?
4. Is there a comprehensive list of all shortcuts? Some are listed in the help document but they don't include everything.

Thanks,
Pouya.

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Mouse shortcut for Position/Orientation dialogue

Post by coppelia »

Hello Pouya,

we have changed the way the navigation works because some people were complaining, and trying to mimic other 3D applications. You can partially revert to previous way of operation, by changing the settings under Compatibility in the file system/usrset.txt. But this is not recommended.

The implemented shortcuts are located here. You cannot (yet) personalize them. There is no more shortcut for the position/orientation dialog.

Cheers