conveyor belt control - Matlab

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
Pinkazous

conveyor belt control - Matlab

Post by Pinkazous » 22 Mar 2016, 13:37

Hi everyone!

It's the first time I'm working with this brilliant simulator. I ran successfully the test example of Remote Api for V-REP with Matlab, and I’m working with delta robot, camera and conveyor belt, camera and delta robot was sucsessfully controlled but I can´t control the conveyor belt.

My goal is to:
1 - identify all objects position and dimensions with artifitial vision (I get image from V-rep and process in matlab)
2- move the conveyor only from point a to point b (in point a i take the picture)
3 -in point b matlab send position from detected object to delta robot
4- Delta robot takes each object and put it on a table. depends color, form or size

delta robot moves ok, take the picture ok, but i can´t take control to conveyor belt, how can i do this?

Thanks for your support and cooperation

Best regards to you all!

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: conveyor belt control - Matlab

Post by coppelia » 22 Mar 2016, 16:27

Hello,

in order to make your conveyor belt move, have a look at the child script attached to it. For instance in Models/equipment/conveyors/conveyor belt (efficient).ttm, you have following code:

Code: Select all

if (sim_call_type==sim_childscriptcall_initialization) then 
    pathHandle=simGetObjectHandle("ConveyorBeltPath")
    forwarder=simGetObjectHandle('ConveyorBelt_forwarder')
    simSetPathTargetNominalVelocity(pathHandle,0) -- for backward compatibility
end 

if (sim_call_type==sim_childscriptcall_actuation) then 
    local beltVelocity=simGetScriptSimulationParameter(sim_handle_self,"conveyorBeltVelocity")
    local dt=simGetSimulationTimeStep()
    local pos=simGetPathPosition(pathHandle)
    pos=pos+beltVelocity*dt
    simSetPathPosition(pathHandle,pos) -- update the path's intrinsic position

-- Here we "fake" the transportation pads with a single static rectangle that we dynamically reset
    -- at each simulation pass (while not forgetting to set its initial velocity vector) :

local relativeLinearVelocity={beltVelocity,0,0}
    -- Reset the dynamic rectangle from the simulation (it will be removed and added again)
    simResetDynamicObject(forwarder)
    -- Compute the absolute velocity vector:
    local m=simGetObjectMatrix(forwarder,-1)
    m[4]=0 -- Make sure the translation component is discarded
    m[8]=0 -- Make sure the translation component is discarded
    m[12]=0 -- Make sure the translation component is discarded
    local absoluteLinearVelocity=simMultiplyVector(m,relativeLinearVelocity)
    -- Now set the initial velocity of the dynamic rectangle:
    simSetObjectFloatParameter(forwarder,sim_shapefloatparam_init_velocity_x,absoluteLinearVelocity[1])
    simSetObjectFloatParameter(forwarder,sim_shapefloatparam_init_velocity_y,absoluteLinearVelocity[2])
    simSetObjectFloatParameter(forwarder,sim_shapefloatparam_init_velocity_z,absoluteLinearVelocity[3])
end 
In that code, the conveyor belt velocity is taken from the attached script simulation parameter conveyorBeltVelocity. So instead, you could take it from a float signal. Instead of:

local beltVelocity=simGetScriptSimulationParameter(sim_handle_self,"conveyorBeltVelocity")
do

local beltVelocity=simGetFloatSignal("conveyorBeltVelocity")
Then, on your remote API client side, you can change that velocity with simxSetFloatSignal('conveyorBeltVelocity', theVelocity)

You can also send data to V-REP in various other ways, e.g. with simxCallScriptFunction

If you need to move to a specific position, then you could instead send the desired position to the conveyor belt, which will run as long as the position has not yet been reached.

Cheers

Pinkazous

Post by Pinkazous » 22 Mar 2016, 16:51

A lot of Thanks for your reply.

I will try and then I will post the results.

Best Regards

BartaG

Post by BartaG » 18 Dec 2018, 10:58

coppelia wrote:
22 Mar 2016, 16:27

If you need to move to a specific position, then you could instead send the desired position to the conveyor belt, which will run as long as the position has not yet been reached.
How can i set the desired position for the conveyor belt
How to get? How to set the target position?
i want to achieve that it behave as a servo motor joint so it should have acceleration and deceleration