bubbleRob doesn't avoid objects

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
parriaza

bubbleRob doesn't avoid objects

Post by parriaza »

I just went through the tutorial for bubbleRob and I am pretty confident that I followed everything precisely. But for some reason, bubbleRob doesn't want to avoid objects. I also could not get the vision sensor to display in the floating view I added. I understand this is extremely vague, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: bubbleRob doesn't avoid objects

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

A few quick questions:
  • did you copy/paste the child script code? Are error messages displaying at the bottom of the main window?
  • does the floating view display a grey surface, or black?
  • is the proximity sensor lighting up (with a yellow beam too) when an obstacle touches it?
If you could upload your scene to a specific location, that would help.

Cheers

zerokol

Post by zerokol »

Your question is really vague, when I started with V-REP I did these tutorial too, and everything gets right.

parriaza

Post by parriaza »

I did copy and paste the child script. The floating view displays just a black screen. And no, the sensor does not light up when it touches an object. I've tried recreating the sensors as per the instructions a few times, but nothing seems to make it work.

And how exactly would I upload my scene somewhere?

Eric

Post by Eric »

hi,

What was meant is to upload the scene to a repository or in the cloud, and put the link on this thread to let us try to help you. There are plenty of services available on the net to do so like dropbox, google drive, github, icloud, etc etc...

parriaza

Post by parriaza »

Oh, duh. I just uploaded it to my google drive. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to see it.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8EDSjB ... sp=sharing

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

Following are the things:
Cheers