Make object visible only for a set of vision sensors

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
minisch

Make object visible only for a set of vision sensors

Post by minisch »

Hi,

I would like to know if is it possible to make an object visible only for a set of cameras and for all of them or only for one of them.

Thanks in advance.

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Make object visible only for a set of vision sensors

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

you have several possibilities, but this depends on whether you are talking about cameras, or vision sensors.

First, you can set a property for each object in the object common properties: Can be seen by

Then, for vision sensors, you also need to have the object flagged as renderable (in the same dialog). Finally, you can specify in the vision sensor properties Entity to detect: there, you can specify a single object, or a collection, that might contain several objects (and that can be dynamically modified).

Cheers

minisch

Post by minisch »

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. I thought I was subscribed to this topic but I wasn't probably.

I will try what you said and see if it works.

Anyway I am working with vision sensors.

minisch

Post by minisch »

It works smoothly thanks.

I can add just one thing. To create a collection, you should select your objects you want to include in the collection and then:
Tools-->Collection

and you create the collection you want.

Once the collection is created is like an object and you can go in the properties of your vision sensor and select the collection you want to look at.

Thanks again

ales_v

Post by ales_v »

coppelia wrote: 09 Jun 2016, 16:13 Hello,

you have several possibilities, but this depends on whether you are talking about cameras, or vision sensors.

First, you can set a property for each object in the object common properties: Can be seen by

Then, for vision sensors, you also need to have the object flagged as renderable (in the same dialog). Finally, you can specify in the vision sensor properties Entity to detect: there, you can specify a single object, or a collection, that might contain several objects (and that can be dynamically modified).

Cheers
Hello,

I would like to ask for an update for this problem solution, when in version 4.3 there is no "Entity to detect". My old vision sensors from previous version still hold the settings, so I expect it will be script code based?

Thank you

fferri

Post by fferri »

Entity to detect can be set via Lua code:

sim.setObjectInt32Param(sensorHandle,sim.proxintparam_entity_to_detect,entityHandle)

ales_v

Post by ales_v »

fferri wrote: 16 Feb 2022, 11:59 Entity to detect can be set via Lua code:

sim.setObjectInt32Param(sensorHandle,sim.proxintparam_entity_to_detect,entityHandle)
Thank you for quick reply, for vision sensor I found better parameter: sim.visionintparam_entity_to_render

fferri

Post by fferri »

You are right, I confused the two params :)