Path for non-mobile Robots

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
Schindler

Path for non-mobile Robots

Post by Schindler »

Hello,

I want a robot like the "Katana" or the "KUKA LBR4+" to follow a path. But in the simulation the KUKA robot moves to different points which are defined in the script. If I remove these points from the code and I connect the robot with a tip and a target that is set on a path, the robot does not move at all.
What is my mistake? Do I have to change the robot's script?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Sincerely

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Path for non-mobile Robots

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

The LBR4+ robot has no inverse kinematics task defined yet. Not sure if you did this. Make sure you have already created an IK group for the manipulator. You should then have a tip and target dummy that should be linked.
Then make sure to remove the script attached to the manipulator (otherwise it might interfere in the movement). Next, make sure that all joints are in inverse kinematics mode. By now you should be able to move the target dummy during simulation and the arm should follow.

Make sure to have a look at this tutorial.

In rare cases, when the arm is just at the border of a singularity (which is the case in its current resting position), it can happen that the IK calculation have no effect. In that case, just set one of the joints to a very small joint angle, or use a slightly damped resolution method.

Cheers