V-REP on ARM architecture

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
Chudy

V-REP on ARM architecture

Post by Chudy »

Hello.

I wanted to test my soft wrapped around V-REP on the Cubieboard with Cubian (Debian for Cubieboard). I've tried to compile V-REP 3.3.1 without Qt (I don't need GUI) from source and I've succeeded. However, after running binary ./vrep or script ./vrep.sh, in response I'm getting "cannot execute binary file" message. As far as I know, such messages are common in case of wrong architecture.

I'd like to ask, if it is possible to run V-REP on ARM architecture, or I need x86/x64 architecture? Maybe it's possible, but for example on Ubuntu?

Thank you for your responses.

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: V-REP on ARM architecture

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

we haven't tried it, but there will be some problems that needs to be fixed (e.g. data alignment). But most of them will result in a BUS error or similar.
Are you saying that it cannot even run the main client application (i.e. vrep.exe)? This one should be able to run, but it might fail in loading the V-REP library.

But I am really guessing here since we haven't tried this yet.

Cheers

patchaaquatica

Re: V-REP on ARM architecture

Post by patchaaquatica »

Hi Chudy,

I was wondering if you've got anywhere with this? I've got an nvidia JetsonTX2 which uses ARM and am getting the same error message as you: 'Cannot execute binary file; Exec format error'