Beginner Questions for loading a plugin

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
user8374924

Beginner Questions for loading a plugin

Post by user8374924 »

Dear all,

I have a problem compiling plugins for V-REP – or more precisely loading them into V-REP. I always get the error “load failed <could not load>. The plugin probably couldn’t load dependency libraries. Try rebuilding the plugin.”

So let me walk you through what I’ve done so far:
I use V-REP PRO EDU 3.4.0 on Windows 7 64 Bit, installed Qt Creator (using 5.6.2 MinGW) and copied the boost libraries. In addition, I copied the Source Code folder into the main folder.
Now, I want to compile the v_repExtUrdf to make sure, everything is working before compiling my own plugin.
So, I open “v_repExtUrdf.pro” in Qt Creator, select the Qt 5.6.2 MinGW 32bit4 compiler and build the plugin. The resulting “v_repExtUrdf.dll” is copied into the main folder to replace the old version.
When starting V-REP, I just get the above-mentioned error. (In Qt Creator, I get the notification “#pragma once in main file”, nothing too dramatic.)
The same problem occurs trying to load every other plugin I compiled on my own (the Collada plugin, for example).
I am almost certain it is not a big problem. But since I am more of an mechanical engineer than a programmer, I easily might have done a simple mistake.
Anyway, that is how a fellow student explained it to me. Can you tell me by that description what I missed and how to load the plugins properly? Otherwise, I can upload the necessary files.

Best regards,
Kris

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Beginner Questions for loading a plugin

Post by coppelia »

Hello Kris,

the problem is that since V-REP 3.4.0, the Windows version is compiled with MSVC2015 in 64bits. PReviously it was with MinGW in 32bits. That's the problem. So you will have to use MSVC2015 64bit to compile your plugins.

Cheers

user8374924

Post by user8374924 »

Thank you for the quick reply!
Unfortunately, I now have some compiling errors, that I do not know how to get rid of.

I get the same errors no matter what plugin I compile (Urdf or my own):

LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: struct QListData::Data * __thiscall QListData::detach_grow(int *,int)" (__imp_?detach_grow@QListData@@QAEPAUData@1@PAHH@Z) referenced in function "private: struct QList<class GRAPH::Vertex *>::Node * __thiscall QList<class GRAPH::Vertex *>::detach_helper_grow(int,int)" (?detach_helper_grow@?$QList@PAVVertex@GRAPH@@@@AAEPAUNode@1@HH@Z)

and

LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: struct QListData::Data * __thiscall QListData::detach_grow(int *,int)" (__imp_?detach_grow@QListData@@QAEPAUData@1@PAHH@Z)

In total about 700 of these kinds.

Did I fail to load a necessary library?

Thank you for your help!

Best regards
Kris

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

What kind of errors do you get if you try to compile v_repExtPluginSkeleton?

Cheers

user8374924

Post by user8374924 »

Just some warnings about "unreferenced formal parameter" (C4100) but the build is successful and I can also load the plugin into V-REP.

Best regards,
Kris