How to implement cloud computing?

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
Hussain Zeb

How to implement cloud computing?

Post by Hussain Zeb »

Hello people!
I want to send data from VREP to a cloud for storage and further computing purposes? how can i do that? or if there is any way to implement a cloud in VREP itself?
any help is highly appreciated.
thanks

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: How to implement cloud computing?

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

your question is quite vague. But in the end you will have to use a cloud computing service and look at their interface or API if you want to be able to interact with it programmatically. And create a simple plugin that offers that interface to V-REP scripts via customized script functions (e.g. simExtMyPlugin_sendDataToCloud(data,other arguments, etc.).

Cheers

Hussain Zeb

Post by Hussain Zeb »

Hi!

@coppelia admin.
I don't want to use the real cloud services of other vendors I just want to implement this type of architecture within VREP. you can think of as a centralized data storing place in case if the members of the system fails then the data is not lost. How can I do that? I hope my question is clear now?

fferri

Post by fferri »

what kind of data do you want to store?

Anyway, with a C++ plugin you can do whatever your mind can come up with.
Make a plugin which exposes one or more Lua functions so that it can be used by scripts and addons.

Hussain Zeb

Post by Hussain Zeb »

@fferi

Thanks for the reply but I'm still confused on how to implement this.
the data I want to store can be any type of data mostly reading from sensors and other tables of the system.

Cheers.

fferri

Post by fferri »

start from (i.e. duplicate) v_repExtPluginSkeleton located in the programming folder: it has a single lua callback; you call it from a child script (say: for storing data in the cloud). add more callbacks if needed.