Automated factory planning

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
MarkusTUM

Automated factory planning

Post by MarkusTUM »

Hello,

my name is Markus and I am a student of the Technichal University in Munich.
I am working in a Project which is trying to automate factory planning.
Therefore we are looking into programmatically configure different set-ups and simulating the workflow / material flow.

A couple of days ago I found a video on http://www.coppeliarobotics.com/videos.html regarding "Reconfigurable Pick and Place Simulation" in cooperation with Siemens + Process Simulate. This video looks very interesting for our project, because that is what we want to do, but programmatically. By that I mean we want a programm, which will build and simulate different set-ups, to find the best alternative for a specific task.

Do you have more information about that cooperation with Siemens or can you tell me, what exactly was done in V-REP and what was done in Siemens Process Simulate in that video or the project?

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Automated factory planning

Post by coppelia »

Hello Markus,

the scene you are referring to is included in the scenes folder of V-REP: scenes/blobDetectionWithPickAndPlace.ttt
Unfortunately that scene is quite old and over complicated.

Currently I would however recommend to handle things in a different way. Have a look at the demo scene that came with the last V-REP release: scenes/blueRealityTeaser.brs. This represents a much better way to quickly set-up pick and place robotics tasks, and can be customized to a large extent. With a little bit of additional effort, that scene (or rather the scene content) can be programmatically modified/connected/placed, in order to create various layouts in a fully automatic fashion. But in order to be able to do this, the simulation content needs to be very carefully prepared (i.e. various models of items that can operate with each other without the need of a single line of code).

Cheers