go to dummy(?) vrep+matlab

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
karabill

go to dummy(?) vrep+matlab

Postby karabill » 11 Jul 2017, 19:10

Hello,

Im newbie in vrep and i want your help. I want to make the pioneer_p3dx robot go to a point for an example a dummy which i want to name it "end". I am using matlab to control the robot. Should I code it from matlab or from a child script? How can i do that?

Thanks in advance,
Karabill

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: go to dummy(?) vrep+matlab

Postby coppelia » 13 Jul 2017, 12:48

Hello,

the best would be to first do everything in V-REP, via child scripts. Then you can also quickly say what is going wrong.
Also, it really depends if you need path planning functionality. If yes, then I definitely recommend you to do everything from child scripts, and only have Matlab trigger the path planning or motion operations.

Cheers

karabill

Postby karabill » 17 Jul 2017, 09:26

coppelia wrote:Hello,

the best would be to first do everything in V-REP, via child scripts. Then you can also quickly say what is going wrong.
Also, it really depends if you need path planning functionality. If yes, then I definitely recommend you to do everything from child scripts, and only have Matlab trigger the path planning or motion operations.

Cheers

Thanks for your answer. So I have to delete the previous script on pioneer_p3dx and write a new one ?? Also, when you say to trigger the robot from matlab, what do you mean ? To start moving the robot and the rest program to run via vrep?

Thanks in advance,
Karabill

coppelia
Site Admin

Postby coppelia » 17 Jul 2017, 20:14

Yes, you will have to replace the existing code for the Pioneer robot with your low-level control. And do only the high-level control from Matlab (e.g. send from Matlab the desired target position for the robot to reach. Then, on the V-REP side, handle the motion of the motors in order to reach that desired target position)

Cheers

Return to “General questions”