7 DoF Manipulator Control

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
ugur.nezir

7 DoF Manipulator Control

Post by ugur.nezir » 13 Jul 2017, 08:57

Hello everyone, I am new to V-REP and have recently completed the IK tutorial and made a 7 DoF Manipulator. However, When I am trying to improve it as an exercise, I am having some issues. When controlling Manipulation Sphere manually, whenever I take the sphere out of range, robot arm just goes crazy while pre-built 7 Dof Manipulator doesn't, I've gone through the tutorial but couldn't find out how to fix it. Also I have tried to create a path and move the Manipulation Sphere through path so move the robot arm but it just happens too fast and once. There are a lot of questions here but I couldn't manage to find a tutorial nor documentation for it on the internet and since I am new to V-REP, couldn't find out myself neither. So, could someone please provide some guidance or resources about these if you know any?

Thanks in advance.

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: 7 DoF Manipulator Control

Post by coppelia » 13 Jul 2017, 13:09

Hello,

if you have a non-damped IK group, and the constraints cannot be satisfied (e.g. the target moves out of reach), then IK will go crazy. What you can do in that case is add a second damped IK group that is only executed if the first non-damped IK group was executed and failed. For that, edit the IK group conditional parameters.

In order to precisely follow a path object, best would be to use following API functions:
The first one gives you the total length of the path
The second one gives you the absolute X/Y/Z position for a random point on the path.
The third one allows you to place the target at a specific position in space

Cheers

ugur.nezir

Re: 7 DoF Manipulator Control

Post by ugur.nezir » 13 Jul 2017, 13:42

I see, DoF doesn't go crazy anymore and now will work on path following through remote API. Thanks a lot for the guidance. :)