7 DoF Robot Arm Last Link Not Involved in IK

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
ugur.nezir

7 DoF Robot Arm Last Link Not Involved in IK

Post by ugur.nezir »

Hello,

I am currently studying on a simulation field which I use a 7 DoF Robot Arm which I made through the IK tutorial. I was working on gripping and I just realized that my last link is just not involved in IK operations, it is keeps at the same angle wherever I move the IK_target. I've seen this topic yesterday viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3215 and looks like someone had the issue before me. Since it is quite outdated, I cannot download that person's project to inspect and I couldn't debug mine at all even if I directly tried to make it exact as pre-built 7 DoF manipulator. All joints are in IK mode, all are in the same collection, no issue with parent-children relationship, it doesn't look like a physics related issue either caused by weight or so on.

Here is my scene: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar7XdY6eavHZiGjZF0DZlkvyFTrT

Thanks in advance,
Ugur

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: 7 DoF Robot Arm Last Link Not Involved in IK

Post by coppelia »

Hello Ugur,

I am not sure I understand what you mean, because all 7 joints are involved in IK calculation. In one of the 2 robots it just appears not to turn, because the other joints allow to obtain a similar movement (since we have a redundant manipulator, 6 joints would be enogh in that case). You can try to set the IK calculation weight for individual joints to a smaller value to see the effect.

Cheers