Road System Floor

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
R2D2

Road System Floor

Post by R2D2 »

Hello, vrep community! I am currently wotking on a simulation with car-like vehciles. I want to add road-like floor for my simulation, instead for the generic/default one in vrep. Do you know where can i find something like that? I have searched for many days. I found some material but it is semi-compatible with vrep, meaning vrep does not render the graphics correctly. Can someone help me please?

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Road System Floor

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

the best is to create a new model for each road section. e.g. straight, left turn, right turn, T-junction or X-junction.
For each model, import the appropriate mesh data, then prepare the model according to this tutorial.
Once the models are ready, you can simply drag-and-drop them into the scene and start using them.

Cheers

R2D2

Post by R2D2 »

Ok what i was asking for, is some models that someone else would (certainly) have already created and wouldn't have a problem sharing them. But, at the same time I am trying to create my own. I have the following problem: When i try to load ANY texture file of ANY kind (e.g. jpg, bmp, png etc.) i get "Error: Texture file could not be loaded". I tried opening the files with MSpaint and saving them as jpg (as a former post suggests) but that didn't work. Could you help me please?

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

how do you load your textures? If you need to apply projected textures to an existing shape, select the shape, then click adjust texture. In the dialog that opens, click Load new texture. Finally, you wil have to adjust the placement, scaling and orientation of the projection in that same dialog.
For more complex textures on shapes, you will have to use texture coordinates. For that, import from obj file format, since this is currently the only one that allows importing textures associated with the mesh to import.

Cheers

R2D2

Post by R2D2 »

I am doing exactly what you told me (Load new texture etc) and I always get the error that i previously mentioned. Coud it be just an istallation error? In other words, should I try to reinstall v-rep?
Edit: I tried reinstalling v-rep and that did not work either.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Please describe step-by-step what you do to load your texture. You don't describe anything (except for 'Load new texture etc'). Or at least post a scene that illustrates your problem.

Cheers