How to make sure the model we created works..??

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
fayyu

How to make sure the model we created works..??

Post by fayyu »

I have made a model of a differential drive robot in fusion 360 and imported into the vrep as stl file as one body. I made the body into convex shape using convex decomposition and then divided the model to parts. Then i extracted the required parts in pure shape and grouped it together for the invisible part of the model. Used the original stl file itself as the visible body. As the dynamic pure shape of the wheel and body doesn't collide, i avoided applying global and local respondable mask. However i didn't make any changes to the mass and moment of inertia of the model as i didnt understand the reason behind it well. I used revolute joint to translate and place properly between the wheel and the body. The body when simulated in bullet 2.78, it looks stable and it does not vibrate and the movement seems stable. However when i do path planning using the same model, i find it drifting very much compared to the same logic when applied to pioneer 3dx model or line follower model. Please help me in knowing how to ensure that it is not the problem of the model i have created or is it due to inproper tuning of the p controller.

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: How to make sure the model we created works..??

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

you really should adjust the masses and inertias of your dynamically enabled shapes, otherwise you will often run into that kind of problems. Make sure to carefully read this section, mainly the design considerations 7 and 8.

Cheers