Saving recording settings

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
Erl

Saving recording settings

Post by Erl »

Hello, I am currently working on my bachelor thesis and here for use VREP. For demonstration purposes I have to capture a video in the simulation. Since I am only a student I have only limited access to the installation and since the VREP crashes every 2 simulation runs with a segmentation error I have to reset the capturing settings of the recording tool every time. Is there a way to safe them in the usrset.txt (eg. path, video format etc.)? Anything else I use is either saved in the scene or in that file.
Running on Linux.
Thanks in advance.

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Saving recording settings

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

the best of course would be to fix the cause of the crash... If the crash happens frequently, it should be relatively easy to see where it comes from (what does the memory look like?, what is the output when you print debug infos to the console ([Menu bar --> Help --> Debug --> ...]?)

There is currently no other way than to set the parameters manually.

Cheers

Erl

Post by Erl »

Thank you for the fast reply.
Sadly I don't have the linux/vrep knowledge nor the time, since I have to turn in my Thesis in 3 days, to look for the reason of the crash since it seems to be the same for the whole workgroup and not only with my settings/pc/scenes.
Nevertheless I tried to print the debug informations in a logfile since if the simulation crashes VREP closes and there is no way to look at the VREP console. Either this logfile doesnt get generated because VREP closes or I cant find the location it is saved to. The console in which I started VREP only states "2550 Segmentation fault".

Thank you again for your reply.
Best regards

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Would you mind sharing the scene that causes that crash? This would be the easiest.
The log file (if you opted to output debug info to a file) should be located in the V-REP installation folder.

Cheers