Change name of IK group / RML version / adjust texture

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
Justus

Change name of IK group / RML version / adjust texture

Post by Justus » 19 Oct 2017, 18:25

Hi,
Just of couple of questions I've been wondering about:

1. Is it possible to change the name of an IK-Group from within a child script? simSetObjectName doesn't seem to work.
2. Is it possible to create a material and/or change material properties (friction etc) from within a child script?
3. Reflexxes Motion Library type II and IV are supported. When is type II used, and when type IV? I noticed that when using simRMLpos the jerk setting has no effect, so I figured that'd be type II.

Thanks,
Justus

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Change name of IK group / RML version / adjust texture

Post by coppelia » 22 Oct 2017, 13:03

Hello Justus,

about your questions:

1. No, this is not supported
2. Yes, you can do that. But remember that since V-REP 3.4.0, each shape has its own material (i.e. materials cannot be shared among several shapes anymore, since this lead to confusions and other subtle problems). Have a look at simSetEngineBoolParameter, simSetEngineInt32Parameter and simSetEngineFloatParameter. While simulation is running, changes won't be applied, unless you call simResetDynamicObject upon the shape.
3. Reflexxes Motion Library type IV was supported in the past. Unfortunately, since the merger of Coppelia with BlueWorkforce, the license agreement with the Reflexxes became void. On top of that Reflexxes was acquires in 2014 by Google, and since that time, the Reflexxes library type IV is not availbale publicly anymore. So since the beginning of this year, we are only allowed to ship the Reflexxes Lib typ II (i.e. without Jerk control)

Cheers

Justus

Post by Justus » 24 Oct 2017, 09:04

Thanks!
Can it be that simSetReferencedHandles does not support IK group handles?

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia » 25 Oct 2017, 19:11

Yes, you are right. That will be corrected for next release. If that feature is important to you at this stage, you could download revision 19 of release 3.4.0 here. But be aware, that scenes saves with the new version will break code compatibility with previous V-REP versions. Unless you set value changeScriptCodeForNewApiNotation to 0 in file system/usrset.txt

Cheers

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia » 25 Oct 2017, 19:12

Oops, you will then also need a patched library. Contact me after that.

Cheers

Justus

Post by Justus » 26 Oct 2017, 07:30

It's important that our simulations are compatible with the current version of the player, so I'll wait for the next release. Thanks, J.