Robot language control: Using ABB RAPID codes

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
Justus

Robot language control: Using ABB RAPID codes

Post by Justus »

Hi,

It'd great to further develop the v_repExtMTB plugin used in the robotLanguageControl example so it supports well-known commands (like MoveJ, MoveL, etc) used in industrial standard/well-known scripting languages like ABB RAPID (or Fanuc KAREL, Kawasaki AS, etc.).
This would make the migration from simulation to industrial controls (and visa versa) easier.

Now before I go reinventing the wheel, is anyone aware of an existing plugin with this functionality, or interested on working together on it's development? If so, please let me know!

Regards,
Justus

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Robot language control: Using ABB RAPID codes

Post by coppelia »

Hello Justus,

on our side we won't go into that direction, since this is already too specific (we try to remain as independent as possible as the underlying robotic system that might be used with V-REP). But those functions can easily be supported via a plugin.

On the other hand there is the RRS-1 (Realistic Robot Simulation interface specification 1) that is supported by V-REP via a plugin (programming/v_repExtRRS1).

But we are happy to support you with tips and infos if you wish to develop such a plugin.

Cheers

Justus

Re: Robot language control: Using ABB RAPID codes

Post by Justus »

Makes sense, thanks for the v_repExtRRS1 tip!