object IRB4600_joint1 is not dynamically enable

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
Santiago.321

object IRB4600_joint1 is not dynamically enable

Post by Santiago.321 »

Hello!

I would like to know how to become object IRB4600_joint1 dynamically enable.

Thank you!

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: object IRB4600_joint1 is not dynamically enable

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

have a look here.

But the robot model you are referring to is entirely static, since it is anyway not supposed to collide with the environment. Otherwise you'd have to make each of the links dynamic (except for the base), adjust their mass and inertia, and set the joint mode for all the joints to force/torque. Make sure to have a look at some of the other robot models, that are like that.

Cheers

pwyq

Post by pwyq »

Hi, I have the same question. I looked at the provided link but I failed to find how exactly to "make each of the links dynamic".

Could you elaborate a bit more? Thank you very much in advance.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

In a model, first check if the dynamic aspect is not simply overridden in the model dialog. If yes, simply uncheck the Model is not dynamic checkbox.
Otherwise, for each shape that is supposed to be dynamically enabled, make each one of them dynamic by checking the Body is dynamic checkbox in the shape dynamics dialog. Be careful not to do that with shapes that are only visually relevant (or rather not dynamically relevant).
Then set all joints to torque/force mode in the joint dynamics dialog.

Finally, make sure to carefully read this page about designing dynamically enabled models.

Cheers