Set a position to zero position for revolute joint

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
ravi

Set a position to zero position for revolute joint

Post by ravi »

Hi,
I am designing a 2 Link Revolute Manipulator (2R) in VREP. I am going do joint control in this manipulator hence joints are set to "Torque/Force Mode".

Just above the "Torque/Force Mode" setting, there is a configuration to set the position of the joint which is +1.100e+02 degree as shown in the screenshot [here](https://www.dropbox.com/s/uzu0vbn621pk3bo/vrep.png?dl=0)

I want to set this position as 0 degrees. How to do it?

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Set a position to zero position for revolute joint

Post by coppelia »

The position you mention is the initial position. When you start the simulation, your joint will start in that position and then move according to the force/torque and target velocity you have set in the joint dynamics dialog.

Not sure I understand your problem. If you want to set that position to 0, simply write 0 in that dialog item.

Cheers

ravi

Post by ravi »

coppelia wrote: 04 Feb 2018, 16:29 If you want to set that position to 0, simply write 0 in that dialog item.
Writing 0 in the dialog item is changing the orientation of the joint. I want to set the current position which is 110 degrees as HOME Position. In other words, I don't want to change the orientation of the joint but just want the simulator to treat 110 degrees as 0 degrees for this joint.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Then you need to rotate the joint, as you would rotate any other object in the scene.

Cheers

ravi

Post by ravi »

Thanks!