How to follow the path draw by G-code interpreter?

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
xiemzuo

How to follow the path draw by G-code interpreter?

Post by xiemzuo »

Hello
I am working on 3 dof robot arm.And I realized that the end of my arm follow the path added by myself.
But now,I use inkscape to transit some picture to G-code,and I want to follow the path draw by G-code interpreter, Does anyone can give me some advice.Thank you very much.

fferri

Re: How to follow the path draw by G-code interpreter?

Post by fferri »

You can find some Lua code for interpreting G-code inside V-REP folder (lua subdirectory if I remember correct). The implementation is dependant on the robot kinematics. You have to complete the implementation for your robot. Or you can use that code to convert G-code to a path, and follow the path with V-REP inverse kinematics solver. But I'm not 100% sure you can express arbitrary orientations with V-REP path. That is no problem if you only want to control XYZ position.

xiemzuo

Post by xiemzuo »

Thank you very much.I have realized drawing my path.But i don't know how use code to follow it.Can you tell me how to use inverse kinematics solver to follow the path.Thank you very much.
mingzuo

fferri

Post by fferri »

There is a IK tutorial in the V-REP manual:
Inverse kinematics tutorial