Change line widht in graph

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
Kagehiko

Change line widht in graph

Post by Kagehiko »

Simple question: how can I change the line width in graphs? The graph in this help page cleary has thicker lines than the default:
http://www.coppeliarobotics.com/helpFiles/en/graphs.htm

However, my graphs look like this:

And not only line width, how can I change the background color? It doesn't change no matter what I do in the "Adjust background color" option in the graph settings.

I'm using V-REP 3.5.0 (rev4).

Kagehiko

Re: Change line widht in graph

Post by Kagehiko »

Ok so, I went into the "lua" folder and created a "graph_customization_custom.lua" with the same contents of "graph_customization.lua". Then there's a comment "-- Non-static line" followed by its configuration:

Code: Select all

scatterShape={scatter_shape=simUI.curve_scatter_shape.none,scatter_size=5,line_size=1}
Changing line_size effectively does it for the line width. Other types of lines can be changed in the same way

Then, there's also a "background-color" option somewhere in the same file. I just changed the values to 255,255,255 to get a white background, and there's also the option "foreground-color" which changes the color of the legend and grid.

For the graphs that I want to customize I just change the line

include('/lua/graph_customization.lua')
to

include('/lua/graph_customization_custom.lua')
Here's the result:

The only thing I'm missing is an option to change the size of the numbers/letters.

So, anyways, clearly this is something very "manual", isn't there a way to do all of this in the user interface? Or is the UI currently broken in this version?

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Change line widht in graph

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

unfortunately you can't change the line width via the user interface. The examples that you see are probably graphs where instead of drawing a line, it draws points very close to each other. That's my best guess.
So currently, the only way is like you say: adjust the script related to the graph.

Cheers