My Robot doesn´t interact with the floor.

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
carmoan

Re: My Robot doesn´t interact with the floor.

Post by carmoan »

Hello again!

I fix the problem with the triangles in my model, it seems the visuazation and simulation works correctly.The shapes are dynamic and respondable, i set the joints and i delete the duplicate objects. But the robot still not moving and i dont know how to fix.

Can you help me? https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wtBTH ... HLQvKAblZI

Cheers!

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

You really have to read this page carefully.

Cheers

carmoan

Post by carmoan »

Hello again.

I understood that its very important that the shapes be pure, but im trying to edit my shapes (they are imported) and i dont know how to modify from "no-pure" to "pure" because when i import my robot all the components appear like non-pure.

How i can proceed?

there is a better way to import my robot from SolidWorks? I use the URDF plugin.

Cheers.

carmoan

Post by carmoan »

Hello again

After following the design conditions that you shared with me, I have some issues:

The bodies are not "pure" which makes the simulation slow down,if i decimate and reduce the number of triangles the shapes are not longer the same, i mean its not the original and the model does not look like i designed.

My model is still duplicated, with the shape "respondable" and "visual", but if I eliminate one of the two of them the simulation does not work anymore.

How can I solve these problems? https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AEwbT ... RwWK6cVa2Y

I really appreciate what you are helping me.

Cheers

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

You model is very heavy, and slow. And for a mobile robot typically, you should use pure cylinders for the wheels. Make sure to follow a few tutorials.

In the shape edit mode, you can turn a shape into a pure cylinders.

Cheers