bulldozer on a plane

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
SIRX

bulldozer on a plane

Post by SIRX »

Hi,
I am trying to model a little bulldozer on a inclined plane. The revolute joints on the wheels are locked, however the bulldozer slowly slides down. I imagine that to stop the bulldozer I have to increase the friction coefficient. Please I do not know how to do. Any advice is welcome.
thanks
Sirx
Last edited by SIRX on 05 Jun 2018, 21:37, edited 1 time in total.

fferri

Re: bulldozer on a plane

Post by fferri »

It can be changed from Material properties.

SIRX

Post by SIRX »

Hi,
first thanks for your answer. I tried to change friction on bullet, ode, newton properties both in the plan and wheel but nothing is changed. The bulldozer, on the top of the plan, slides down yet.
Any others suggestion is welcome.
thanks

RobAtLab

Post by RobAtLab »

One thing that often helps with then physics engine is to increase masses and moments of inertia of objects above their realistic values, I don't know whether your bulldozer is infact a small robot pushing around some drinks cans or a computer controleld fullsized bulldozer pushing around tonnes of rubble, but in the former case your small robot might be too lightweight for the physics engine to handle very well. Making it heavier and increasing the moments of inertia, if you are not simulating any other actions at the same time which require these values to be realistic, can help avoid the sort of drifting which sometimes happens when the physics engine tries to handle lightweight things.

SIRX

Post by SIRX »

Thanks a lot