Problems with Line Following Tutorial

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
Silvia

Problems with Line Following Tutorial

Post by Silvia »

Hello!
I am beginner in V-REP and I am trying to learn how to use it through your tutorials. I have a problem with the BubbleRob tutorial about a line following. I have followed the tutorial explanation, but when I copy and paste the script and then I try to run the simulation, the bubbleRob does not move at all and an error is displayed:

Lua runtime error: [string "CHILD SCRIPT bubbleRob"]:66: read in arg 1 (handle): expected int (simUI.destroy @ 'CustomUI' plugin)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'destroy'
[string "CHILD SCRIPT bubbleRob"]:66: in function <[string "CHILD SCRIPT bubbleRob"]:65>

When I run the scene of your tutorial, instead, it works well. I have tried to compare the two scenes, but I can't find any difference. Could you please help me to find where I am wrong?

My scene is available at the following link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/18buAC- ... sp=sharing

Thank you!

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Problems with Line Following Tutorial

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

your problem is that you are using a threaded child script. You should use a non-threaded child script.

Cheers

Silvia

Post by Silvia »

Thank you very much!!!
I would like to ask you another advice. I should develop a simulation of a remote controlled robot, and I have to control the simulation with inputs given from the user. For example, when the simulation starts, a pop-up has to appear on the screen and the user has to push a button that makes the robot moving on a pre-defined path. I have to implement this kind of interaction different times in the process. Which procedure do you think could be the best one, considering that I have just very basic knowledge in programming? I have read your "External controller tutorial", but it would be very useful for me, if you could give me an advice on this issue.

Thank you!

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Use custom UIs for the interaction with the user. Have also a look at the example scene customUI.ttt

Cheers