Issue moving platform through UI sliders (IK, no dynamics)

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
xescbdn

Issue moving platform through UI sliders (IK, no dynamics)

Post by xescbdn »

Hello,

First I would like to say hello to all forum members so this is my firts topic...

On the other hand, I kindly request your support in order to solve an issue I have moving a Stewart platform I have designed.
I move platform through some sliders I have created within a UI*. Main issue is that platform keeps moving even slider is not acting.

I have shared scene via this link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!At4U8CpSBLZ3g2mD-uiyVQtIQsrs

I have reviewed IK tutorials but I have not been able to find right key to solve issue. In fact script code I use is somehow adapted from one of them.

Thanks in advance for your support

*UI is OpenGL base as far as I have not been able to install Qt UI plugin

xescbdn

Re: Issue moving platform through UI sliders (IK, no dynamics)

Post by xescbdn »

Hello,

I have already fixed the issue.

Topic can be close.

Thanks anyway.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

when you say you were not able to install the Qt UI plugin... did you compile V-REP yourself? If not, then the custom UI plugin should load automatically. Can't you run the demo scene customUI.ttt?

Your problem does not seem to be related to IK. Nor the UI.
The problem is that you are trying to set the position/orientation of the sphere relative to the object Origen. But Origen is attached to the sphere --> moving the sphere will move Origen. Simply attach Origen to SP for instance.

Cheers

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Oops, you were just a tiny bit faster..

xescbdn

Post by xescbdn »

coppelia wrote: 20 Jun 2018, 08:52 Hello,

when you say you were not able to install the Qt UI plugin... did you compile V-REP yourself? If not, then the custom UI plugin should load automatically. Can't you run the demo scene customUI.ttt?
"Can't you run the demo scene customUI.ttt?" --> Yes, I can and even Qt UI starts...

"did you compile V-REP yourself?" --> No, I install V-rep in a MacBook and in a PC with Win10 but I did not find how to open dialog for Qt UI making or something like that; in addition I look for Qt plugin in plugin menu and I did find nothing so I supposed that pluggin was not isntalled.

If Qt plugin is installed, how I can start doing a Qt UI??

Thanks

xescbdn

Post by xescbdn »

coppelia wrote: 20 Jun 2018, 08:52
Your problem does not seem to be related to IK. Nor the UI.
The problem is that you are trying to set the position/orientation of the sphere relative to the object Origen. But Origen is attached to the sphere --> moving the sphere will move Origen. Simply attach Origen to SP for instance.

Cheers
I try this but when I attach "origen" to "SP", platform falls down ...

I found 2 mistakes
  • one was some how a mistyping mistake...I wrote sim.SetObjetPosition instead of sim.GetObjetPosition (and the same for Orientation)
  • Second one, was in the part I define currentDef after moving....
Cheers

xescbdn

Post by xescbdn »

coppelia wrote: 20 Jun 2018, 08:53 Oops, you were just a tiny bit faster..
Yes, I must... I am in a hurry because I have to present this as a part of the final work of a Mecatronic Master degree I am doing.

:-)

Cheers

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

You can see all the loaded plugins in 2 ways: either in the console (on windows, you have to enable the display of the console first in the user settings), or by drag-and-dropping the model models/tools/plugin enumerator tool.ttm into the scene.

If the custom UI plugin is loaded, then you can generate your own UI via a small script (have a look how things are made in the scene I mentioned in my previous post).

Cheers