Commercial license issues

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
robo_ninja

Commercial license issues

Post by robo_ninja »

We are using a V-REP PRO commercial floating license which is served on a server machine. I followed the steps in the readme file and edited the usrset.txt on the client machine accordingly. Even though the ip address is correct, the client machine fails to use the served license. I get the following error everytime I try to run vrep.sh -

Code: Select all

No dongle was found. If you are using a dongle license key, make sure to read the readme.txt file.
And it loads in the EVAL mode. Am I missing something?

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Commercial license issues

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

when you try to connect to the floating license server, does it display anything on the server console?
Also, is the server correctly configured (i.e. plugin is inserted, and running the server displays the available licenses).

Cheers

robo_ninja

Post by robo_ninja »

I am assuming that the server is configured correctly since the server displays the licenses. But when I connect to the floating license server, nothing is displayed on the server console?? What is expected to be displayed?

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

On the server console you should see messages when a machine tries to connect to it.
Are you sure the server can be ping'ed?

Basically, there are exactly 3 settings on the V-REP side:

Code: Select all

floatingLicenseEnabled = true
floatingLicenseServer = 127.0.0.1 // i.e. the IP of the server
floatingLicensePort = 20249
Could it be that the port is blocked? (i.e. firewall, used by another service, etc.).

Cheers

robo_ninja

Post by robo_ninja »

Yes the port was blocked by firewall. Disabling firewall/opening the port worked for me. Thank you.