question about vrep

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
Matthew Qi

question about vrep

Post by Matthew Qi »

Hi:
I am recently running my robot in V-REP with Python, I run the simulation repeatedly by

Code: Select all

connect_simulator, start_simulation,stop_simulation,disconnect_simulator
I found that the recording curves of joint positions in Graph would leap to a large value at start as show in picture Image
The consle message of vrep as shown

Code: Select all

Warning: 'print()' now prints to the status bar, instead of the console (use 'print=printToConsole' to revert).
Lua runtime error: [string "CHILD SCRIPT Fbody_d"]:4: Invalid port number. (simRemoteApi.start @ 'RemoteApi' plugin)
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'start'
	[string "CHILD SCRIPT Fbody_d"]:4: in main chunk
So would you please tell me how to solve this problem?

Sincerely,
Matthew

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: question about vrep

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

at simulation start, it can be that some calculation structures need to be first calculated. This is most of the time the reason for a short freeze at simulation start. But the second time you run the same simulation, that freeze should not occure anymore, since the calculation structures (e.g. used in collision detection, etc.) have already been computed.

In your case, the message says that you are trying to start a remote API server service on a wrong port. So you should correct for that error. Also, if you are able to establish connection with V-REP, you must be using another port.

Another question: if you run the simulation without your remote API client connected, do you also have that freeze or delay?

Cheers