How to make the object frame parallel to the defined frame in stl file.

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
xzbreeze

How to make the object frame parallel to the defined frame in stl file.

Post by xzbreeze »

Hello

When a .stl object is imported, the frame of the object is different the frame defined in .stl.

Would you please tell me how to make the object frame parallel to the defined frame?

Thanks,

Zhe

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: How to make the object frame parallel to the defined frame in stl file.

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

typically, STL files do no contain any frame information. It is just a collection of vertices and indices. Once you have imported a shape, V-REP will define a frame around the shape in a way as to minimize the volume of the bounding box. You can however change the bounding box / frame by selecting the shape, then navigating to [Popup Menu --> Edit --> reorient bounding box --> ...]. Have also a look at this page.

Cheers

xzbreeze

Re: How to make the object frame parallel to the defined frame in stl file.

Post by xzbreeze »

coppelia wrote: 12 Nov 2018, 11:10 Hello,

typically, STL files do no contain any frame information. It is just a collection of vertices and indices. Once you have imported a shape, V-REP will define a frame around the shape in a way as to minimize the volume of the bounding box. You can however change the bounding box / frame by selecting the shape, then navigating to [Popup Menu --> Edit --> reorient bounding box --> ...]. Have also a look at this page.

Cheers
Thank you very much.