Controlling Jaco/Panda in VREP using motion planning from MOVEIT!

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
mvish7

Controlling Jaco/Panda in VREP using motion planning from MOVEIT!

Post by mvish7 »

Hello all,

I have done the motion planning using moveit!. I 'm using move group interface (c++) to create joint space goal and currently i'm visualising the motion planning in rviz.

However i want to control Jaco/Panda robots in vrep by using the motion planning from moveit. My main questions are:

1. How can i send my joint space goal(joint angles) that i create using moveit! to vrep?

2. Do i have to create ROS services/Topics and put my moveit code into it??

3. Are there any tutorials or references that i can refer to?

Any help is appreciated! Thank you for your time.

fferri

Re: Controlling Jaco/Panda in VREP using motion planning from MOVEIT!

Post by fferri »

Using the RosInterface plugin you can create any subscriber or service server, with any message type you want.

Perhaps the easiest thing is to read MoveIt results in V-REP directly, and execute the motion with your own strategy.

mvish7

Post by mvish7 »

Can you share how to:

1. Get the moveit results out of moveit and send them to vrep??

fferri

Post by fferri »

mvish7 wrote: 14 Nov 2018, 15:45 Can you share how to:

1. Get the moveit results out of moveit and send them to vrep??
You need to edit meta/messages.txt to add support for the message you need to transmit (e.g. moveit_msgs/RobotTrajectory) and recompile the RosInterface plugin. Then you can set-up a subscriber as explained in the ROS tutorial (or similarily, a ROS service server), to receive the message sent from your MoveIt C++ node.

How to get the RobotTrajectory message (or any other message) out of MoveIt it depends on how you implement your MoveIt C++ node. The means of communication is always a ROS topic or service.